Funfact: I’m pansexual. Don’t dare act like I don’t want or care about LGBT representation in media.
Yang has been proven to be an outwardly sexual and flirty character from the ‘Yellow trailer’. That’s the type of person Yang is. It’s been reinforced time and time again.
If we’re going to suggest Yang has feelings for someone because of ‘flirting’ then Junior has more chances than Blake does.
Ever stop to think:
- Emerald just might be in love with Cinder rather than just following her because ‘we’re the bad guys’?
- We dont know anything about the rest of Sun or Velvet’s team? Hell we don’t even know about Velvet?
- We don’t know where Nora or Ren’s sexual identities lie.
- What about Neo and Roman? Are we just assuming ‘oh they MUST be straight?’
- Penny’s a robot and she seems to care about Ruby more than anyone else? Is that invalid because she’s a robot?
Just because someone flirts does not mean that are romantically interested. Just because someone doesn’t outwardly claim their sexuality every three seconds doesn’t mean that they dont have it.
We barely know anything about these characters so what exactly would be gained from canon relationships being forced on us at this point?
Do not forget that there are several members of Team RWBY that are part of the LGBT community.
Just because you were promised representation doesn’t mean that you’re going to get it right away. Many MAJOR plot points of the RWBY story are just coming up (aka FINALLY finding out about Yang and RWBY’s parents JUST HAPPENED.) things arent going to be suddenly announced like that until the timing makes sense.